Retail: Creditors & Debtors Clerk
My client is looking for an Creditors & Debtors Clerk main job function but not limited to willing to learn and takeover a role from a longstanding employee retiring December 2021.
The ideal candidate must have an energetic nature, and a hunger to learn and grow within a small intimate open office environment.
You will receive training from the retiring employee to learn the systems in place and step into the role with more responsible and confidence in December 2021, after which a new system will be implemented and upgraded.
We are looking for the following skillsets:
• Final year of obtaining tertiary qualification will be of benefit but not required
• Computer literacy – Word, Excel is a must and PowerPoint will be an advantage
• Pastel and Pastel Partner is a must
• Skilled at managing customers and suppliers with diplomacy
• Good interaction / interpersonal skills
• Strong analytical abilities and administrative skills
• Strong at mathematics
• High level of attention to detail
• Effective time management
• Ability to multi-task and perform under pressure
• Ability to work in a team
• Willingness to travel and work after hours
• Driver’s License
Compute, classify, and record numerical data to keep financial records complete. Perform any combination of routine calculating, posting, and verifying duties to obtain primary financial data for use in maintaining accounting records. May also check the accuracy of figures, calculations, and postings pertaining to business transactions recorded by other workers.
The scope and purpose of the role is to ensure the creditors administration process is managed and administered in an accurate, efficient, and timely manner and in accordance with supplier agreements and terms. Ensure compliance with company policy relating to processing and payments terms.
Duties / Responsibilities
• Debtors’ administration process
• Sending Statement & receive queries
• Follow-up on payment due
• Creditor reconciliations
• Obtain all supplier statements at month end
• Compare to creditors ledger in Pastel
• Account for all reconciling items
• Ensure all tax invoices are VAT compliant into of SARS requirements
• Finalize creditors reconciliation statement
• Prepare EFT requisition for payment
• Stamp EFT requisition as paid once payment released on Banking System
• Prepare monthly Accrual List of all creditors
• Follow up on all outstanding queries with operations
• Monthly bank reconciliations of all bank statements
• Keep accounts organized
• Follow unauthorized deductions made on accounts
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From R14,000.00 per month